Kiwanis Club donates to Girls Ranch | News
VALLEY, AL - The Kiwanis Club of Valley has made a donation to the Alabama Sheriffs' Girls Ranch this Wednesday.
Club President Julie Wood (third from the left) made the presentation to Chambers County Sheriff Sid Lockhart at the club's weekly meeting during the noon hour.
Jerry Ferguson (far right), Girls Ranch director, was the guest speaker for the meeting. At far left is Tammy Merritt, the program chair.
"We want to thank you for all the fundraisers you've done for us," Wood told the sheriff. Sheriff Lockhart and his crew have grilled lots of hot dogs, hamburgers and fried lots of fish in fundraisers all over the county.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Trial delayed for alleged Southern Union Comm. College shooter
- Lee County inmate turns himself in after walking away from work detail
- Opelika police need your help identifying debit card theft suspect
- Mother of Opelika rape suspect is no longer a foster parent
- Lee Co. Coroner: Alcohol may have been factor in Tuesday’s fatal crash