Attempted kidnapper’s DNA being tested for other crimes | News
VALLEY, AL (WTVM)- Valley police say the man who attempted to kidnap one woman, and then pistol whipped another is behind bars.
Now, police are trying to see if he's connected to the rapes of two elderly women.
Police arrested 18-year-old Dijon King Monday, and charged him with attempted kidnapping and assault. The charges stem from two incidents on July 17 on 61st Street.
Police say King pulled a gun on a woman and tried to push her into her vehicle, but she escaped. Then he approached another woman and pistol whipped her.
Both women identified King as their attacker.
Investigators confirm they are running King's DNA to see if he is connected to the rapes of two elderly women earlier this year.
Copyright 2013 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Alabama rivals unite, help Habitat for Humanity finish home before Christmas
- Opelika police looking for Dec. 9 credit card theft suspect
- Opelika Police need your help identifying credit card theft suspect
- Trial delayed for alleged Southern Union Comm. College shooter
- Lee County inmate turns himself in after walking away from work detail